Jen Muller is a Technical Project Manager at Demonware. Her session at the WITS Spring 2022 Virtual Summit is The Power of Mentorship.
Why is speaking at WITS important to you?
- For me it’s important for people to see that entering tech is not something it’s too late to do, I transitioned into a career in tech in my 30s. So often people are looking to hire those with years of experience in the industry or those fresh out of college, I prove that a passion and appetite to learn, grow, and succeed can also be a great to thing to look for and nurture.
Most useful article you’ve read in the last month
When you were a kid what was your dream job?
- Honestly I’m not sure I ever settled on one thing. I went through phases where I wanted to be an artist or a dancer, and then at one point I wanted to be a fighter pilot! While I still create and dance in my free time I eventually realized that what I really wanted was the ability to keep learning and growing and I’ve found that in what I do now (I never got that pilots license though… at least not yet)
Tell us something about your session
- In my session I’ll share my journey of going from being a yoga teacher to a Senior Technical Project Manager and how mentorship has helped me in achieving my goals, how you can do the same and help others do it too.
What other sessions or speakers are you most excited to see?
- Apprenticeships: A Centuries-Old Technique Applied to Today’s Tech Industry Challenges -Amy Kardel
- Building Male Advocates as Allies — Wendy Bohling and Roni Burgener